Development Project Service Centre (DEPROSC-Nepal), an NGO working on various thematic areas across the country invites applications for the following positions for the “Empowering Women Farmers with Digital Finance, Nepal” project supported by Practical Action to be implemented in the 8 Local Governments of Lumbini Province. This project is funded by Jersey Overseas Aid (JOA) and Led by Practical Action.
Project Area: Dangisaran and Shantinagar Municipalities (Dang), Rumtigadi, Thawang, Pariwartan and Triveni Municipalities (Rolpa), Bhume and Putha Uttarganga Municipalities East Rukum).
Position: Programme Officer (M&E/GESI/Empowerment) (1), to be stationed at the Field Office in one of the working municipalities will be responsible to design, facilitate, assist and implement women empowerment activities, and gender and social inclusion. The incumbent should be a Bachelor Degree holder in any discipline with at least 5 years of proven experience in executing economic empowerment of women, women’s agency building, market system development, GESI and M&E.
TOR of Programme Officer (M&E/GESI/Empowerment)
- Assist the team in developing awareness raising activities in general and building women’s agency and household dialogue in particular for women farmers to access, demand, utilize and manage financial products and to transform women’s decision making to use DFS,
- Assist the team in executing various awareness raising approaches/programmes to execute like financial literacy through digital champions, school to home model for DFL, organize campaigns,
- Coordinate with Financial Service Providers (FIs and Cooperatives), understand their gender perspectives, trace out gender barriers to access to financial services and facilitate for developing gender-sensitive products,
- Take lead in data collection database, tools development, mobilize field staffs, maintain data, compile and analyze Palika-wise data, maintain data quality and give feedback to Project Coordinator and Program Director,
- Develop reporting formats, plan to collect periodic data, process and ensure periodic reporting,
- Assist the Project Coordinator and the team to develop annual action plan, SOPs and other guiding documents like beneficiaries’ selection criteria, digital champions selection criteria, beneficiaries’ coverage plan etc.
- Provide technical assistance or facilitate for the operation digitization and client protection,
- Assist Training Manager in developing GESI sensitive Digital Financial Training Module and assist for its delivery,
- Provide technical assistance while developing a variety of training tools and modules to cover digital financial services requirements across different value chains,
- Perform any other activities for the success of program and as directed by your supervisor.
Applications need to be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or DEPROSC-Nepal, P.O. Box 10953, Kathmandu within 7 days or February 22, 2023 along with a covering letter, a photograph, updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and other credentials. Preference will be given to a candidate with a driving license of two wheelers.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Women and candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.