Development Project Service Centre (DEPROSC-Nepal), established in 1993, a NGO working on various thematic areas across the country invites applications for a short term consultant under the Financial Literacy Component of the Safer Migration (SaMi) Programme Phase III.
Safer Migration (SaMi) is a bilateral program between the Government of Nepal and the Government of Switzerland. It is implemented by the Ministry of Labor Employment and Social Security and 156 participating local governments. Helvetas Nepal provides technical assistance to the program on behalf of Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). The program has been partnering with DEPROSCE – Nepal for the Financial Literacy component.
Short term Consultant, having knowledge on financial literacy and legal framework of Nepal like constitutions, BFIs Act, Local government operation Act, Financial Literacy Framework issued by Nepal Rastra Bank, other local government operational mechanism should apply to deliver following deliverables under the following terms and conditions.
- Review relevant Acts, Policies, guidelines and manuals including the constitutions of Nepal to reveal potential areas of mainstreaming Financial Literacy: Local level and Provincial level,
- Review potential mechanisms of mainstreaming financial literacy,
- Interact with some of the Local Government representatives to understand potential ways of mainstreaming financial literacy beyond specific project/programme,
- Draft a dummy financial literacy strategy to be reviewed and adapted by local government, (Considerations required while preparing financial literacy strategy include but not limited to; Structure and human resource at the local level, Budget mechanism at the local level, Safer migration programme, working scope of cooperatives, various programmes being executed in the local government, replicability and sustainability of financial literacy)
- Make a presentation to facilitate two workshops at two different provincial level,
- Come up with a final dummy financial literacy strategies incorporating comments and suggestions received in the workshops,
Duration: Effective 15 days (Nominal days could be higher)
Documents review and drafting of strategy: 9 days
Facilitate two workshops at provincial level: 4 days (including travel time)
Make presentation/Facilitate One/Two Workshop at National level
Finalization of strategy: 2 day
Consultant should submit the final deliverable within 30 days of the signing of contract.
Comprehensive (dummy) strategy on Financial Literacy for (i) Local Government (ii) Provincial Government, to be reviewed and adapted by the respective governments.
Applications need to be reached at email@example.com within 31 August, 2023 along with a covering letter, updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and other credentials.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.