Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC-Nepal), a NGO working on various thematic areas across the country invites application for the position of Financial Cluster Coordinators under the Financial Literacy Component of the Safer Migration (SaMi) Project Phase III. SaMi is a bilateral initiative of the Governments of Nepal (GoN) and Switzerland. Sami Phase III is implemented by the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security (MoLESS) and Local governments with the technical assistance of Helvetas Nepal in the 39 districts of Nepal.
Financial Literacy Cluster Coordinators, 8 full time positions, assigned in one of provinces will be overall responsible in coordination and approval of Project Management Committees at the local government to support local government in identifying beneficiaries, running financial literacy classes, monitoring of literacy classes and beneficiaries, coordinating and building linkages with stakeholders and reporting to the system with extensive field travel.
Details of TOR
Job Description of Cluster Coordinator
- Coordinate with Local Government Project Management Committee (LGPMC), ward level elected representatives and financial literacy management committees,
- Facilitate to form and coordinate with Financial Literacy Management Committees and facilitate to engage them in the management of literacy classes and monitoring,
- Provide training and coaching to the Financial Literacy Facilitators (FLFs),
- Facilitate and supervise to conduct Pre, mid and end line surveys,
- Supervise training delivery and ensure participation, and quality,
- Guide supervise and facilitate local service providers to ensure all aspects of financial literacy delivery related items, stationaries, allowance and tiffin are reached to the beneficiaries on time and utilized properly,
- Facilitate to provide Handbooks, Flip chart, Tool kit bags, Flex print, and Book let to the FLFs, beneficiaries, Palikas, Stakeholders and LGPMC as per the plan of the project,
- Coordinate with local service providers (LSPs) designated by Palikas and provide technical support as and when required,
- Coordinate with local financial institutions, remit companies, insurance companies to extend financial services to the beneficiaries,
- Coordinate and link with vocational development training providers and projects to enhance skills and business.
- Obtain feedback from the beneficiaries on the relevancy, appropriateness of the content and method of training delivery,
- Maintain coordination with psychosocial counseling organization and psychosocial facilitators to deliver related sessions in harmony with the session of financial literacy,
- Advocacy for the financial literacy component in the Palikas,
- Prepare case studies as relevant and as appropriate,
- Regularly monitor literacy classes and literacy beneficiaries utilizing monitoring formats developed by the project,
- Compute monitoring data into the MIS system and assist local service providers (LSPs) for the same,
- Identify potential local cooperatives in consultation with project management committees and orient them on the financial literacy,
- Perform any activities required for the successful implementation of SaMi project in the districts,
Working Stations and Covering Districts
Each Financial Literacy Cluster Coordinator will be assigned in one of working stations likely to be (i) Nepalgunj, (ii) Butwal, (iii) Kaski, (iv) Chitwan/Makawanpur, (v) Kathmandu/Banepa, (vi) Janakpur/Dhalke, (vii) Itahari, and (viii) Birtamode/Damak that covering some 5/6 districts of hills and plains.
Salary and Benefits
Salary and benefit will be as per the rules of the organization as guided by the “Agreement of Cooperation” between DEPROSC-Nepal and SaMi/HELVETAS.
Nepalese citizen with Bachelor’s degree in any discipline, with minimum 2 years of experience in financial literacy, entrepreneurship development, microfinance, social mobilization, training, field level management and have experience or willing to extensively travel using motorbike for field monitoring are encouraged to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org or DEPROSC-Nepal, POB: 10953, Kathmandu withing 15 Days (Oct. 16, 2019, 5 PM) along with a cover letter, updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and other credentials.
Only shortlisted candidates wil be contacted for further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Women and candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.