DEPROSC-Nepal has been implementing microfinance component of KISAN projects, which is stretched in 20 districts of far western, mid western and western development regions as per a project agreement with Winrock International (WI). Funded by USAID, overall goal of KISAN is to sustainably reduce poverty and hunger in Nepal by achieving inclusive growth in the agriculture sector, increasing the income of farm families, and improving nutritional status, especially of women and children. Winrock International is working with other NGOs, all of them work quite closely supporting each other.
DEPROSC-Nepal announces vacancy of following posts of KISAN, required for one year from now (renewable for another two years). We are an equal opportunity provider, however, applications from women and ethnic minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
1. Position: Regional Microfinance Coordinator, Regional Office, Nepalgunj (One)
Major Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify and recommend the approaches and strategies to adopt in fulfilling the overall microfinance target of KISAN,
- Identify potential Microfinance Institutions (MFIs: Microfinance Development Banks, Financial Intermediary Non-governmental Organizations and Cooperatives) to mobilize for KISAN beneficiaries,
- Identify, suggest and plan relevant and feasible activities to mobilize those MFIs for KISAN beneficiaries,
- Maintain rapport and coordination with potential MFIs of KISAN districts to build up functional relation with the KISAN beneficiaries,
- Identify the gaps in the Governance, Management Information Systems, Product development, Human Resource Management and other Infrastructural need of the identified MFIs for support and plan relevant but feasible activities so that KISAN beneficiaries’ access to microfinance could be increased,
- Identify potential MFIs to establish and use mobile banking services across the KISAN beneficiaries,
- Identify and coordinate with Agro-input and tools supplying vendors to provide such inputs and tools on credit to the KISAN beneficiaries,
- Maintain coordination with all KISAN cluster Managers, Regional Manager and District Managers,
- Guide and support all KISAN team in performing planned microfinance activities in the districts,
- Prepare progress reports of the project of your assignment and submit it to the KISAN and DEPROSC Nepal as and when required to meet the reporting requirement
- Participate and attain the meetings, seminars and workshop at various levels as find relevant and/or assigned by your Supervisor,
- Perform any other activities for the success of KISAN and as directed by the Supervisor.
Qualification and experience
- University (or equivalent) degree in communication/international relations/education/ management with two years of working experiences in development projects or Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in communication/international relations/education/ management with five years of working experiences as a front line manager of development projects implemented by civil society organizations
- Coordinate with multiple clusters of a big scale program in multiple districts,
- Lead and efficiently administer key staffs,
- Budget planning, execution, financial report production and reporting as per agreements and norms of the organization,
- Skills in monitoring, evaluation, program reporting, presentations,
- With exposure in Nepalese microfinance industries, its trends, pros and constraints,
2. Position: Finance Officer, KISAN Office, Dhangadhi (One)
Qualification and experience
- University (or equivalent) degree in Management with one year of accounting experience or Bachelor (or equivalent) degree in management with at least three years of working experiences as an Accountant in development projects implemented by civil society organizations
- Maintain books of accounts,
- Fund management,
- Manage logistics services,
- Produce financial reports,
Note: *Candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their resume to email@example.com with cover letter. No telephone calls will be entertained.