The USAID/Nepal-funded KISAN II project is improving food security in twenty Hill and Terai districts in the Provinces number 7, 6, 5 and 3 of the country. The purpose of the project is to increase resilience, inclusiveness, and sustainability of income growth in the Feed the Future Zones of Influence. KISAN II will help lead firms, input suppliers, and private sector change agents catalyze agricultural productivity, competitive market systems, stronger enabling environment, and business and literacy skills. We are recruiting Financial Services Officer (FSO) for Dang Cluster of KISAN II and work under Regional Financial Services Coordinator. S/he will be responsible for frequent interactions with financial institutions, firms and farmers to contribute in the increase of access to finance and business growth of KISAN II beneficiaries. In addition, FSO will be managing capacity building activities for KISAN II groups, cooperatives, local chapters of MFIs and will be working for expansion of mobile banking, digitized financing, use of ICTs, linkages with remit companies.
Qualification and capacities:
- Masters Degree (preferably in management, banking, and economics), with field experiences,
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in management, banking and economics) with minimum of five years experience in implementing similar programs
- Should be able to conduct trainings independently at clients, group, cooperative and staff level,
- Has good idea on how groups and cooperatives function and how financial institutes provide loans and other financial services to producers, small traders and SMEs,
- Has good computer, reporting and social mobilization skills,
- Can travel frequently and extensively,
The qualified candidates are requested to send their application with updated curriculum vitae with two references to email@example.com or DEPROSC-NEPAL, P.O. Box 10953, Kathmandu before December 15, 2018. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Terms of Reference
Financial Services Officer is the frontline officer who works closely with other frontline staffs of KISAN II cluster office. S/He is responsible for immediate and frequent interactions with financial institutions, firms and farmers. In addition, access to appropriate financial services increases the resilience of firms and farmers and the inclusiveness of the market system. Their specific responsibilities include:
- Organize briefing sessions to frontline staffs like MTs, LSPs, Agriculture Technicians on approaches of financial services,
- Work closely and advise the Financial Services Advisor and Cluster Business Manger on integration of appropriate access to finance interventions into project activities.
- Maintain a variety of training tools and modules intact to cover financial services requirements across different value chains,
- Prepare a database of financial institutions in the working areas with their priorities, strengths, with possibilities of linking with KISAN II beneficiaries,
- Organize interaction with firms and farmers and suggest financial products and institutions suitable to them or serve as financial services facilitators at the local level,
- Organize capacity building activities for KISAN II groups, cooperatives, local chapters of MFIs,
- Assess the possibilities of expansion of mobile banking, digitized financing, use of ICTs, linkages with remit companies etc.,
- Assist to design approaches and interventions that are tailored to the growth needs and financial profiles of each beneficiary group.
- Coordinate with other donor-funded access to finance projects and activities for learning and leverages.
- Organize interactions and meetings with financial institutions and commercial banks,
- Familiarize banking products like accounts receivable and inventory revolving lines of credit, terms loans for movable assets and non-movable assets, security requirements and lending practices of banking industry and linking of KISAN II beneficiaries to commercial loan products,
- Deliver field-level trainings to financial institutions, firms, farmers, businesses and households,
- Participate and attend meetings, seminars and workshops at local level,
- Frequently visit the project areas, monitor and supervise the implementation process of project activities,
- Perform any other activities for the success of KISAN II and as directed by the Supervisor,