Development Project Service Center (DEPROSC-Nepal) is a non-profit making, non-political organization established in September 1993 under Association Registration Act 1978 as a non-governmental organization (NGO). The Center has been promoting the participatory development by enabling communities to help themselves through their own grassroots institutions. It is dedicated to uplift the socio-economic condition of the poor and disadvantaged population.
DEPROSC-Nepal with the support of Trail Bridge Support Unit (TBSU/ Helvetas) has been implementing Bridge Building in Local Level (BBLL) in Nuwakot district since July 2001 and in Ramechhap district since May 2019. Trail Bridge Program has entered into sector wide approach (TB SWAp) from 2009/10. The very purpose of sector wide approach is to promote a coherent, realistic, government-led approach that follows single sub-sector policy, standard, norms, modalities and approaches for construction and maintenance of trails and trail bridges.
DEPROSC-Nepal invites application for the position of Social Mobilizer in Building Bridges at Local Level (BBLL) project in Ramechhap district. Nepalese citizen with proficiency certificate level (10+2), with minimum 3 years of experience in social mobilization are encouraged to apply. The details of TOR are,
ToR of Social Mobilizer:
- Conduct pre-feasibility surveys of the suspended bridges,
- Identification of feasible suspended bridges,
- Social mobilization for the assigned Community Bridge Building Projects,
- Provide social support for the implementation of suspended bridges,
- Monitor to ensure quality and timely completion,
- Preparing monthly operation plan and implement accordingly,
- Preparing monthly progress report of the project,
- Preparing completion report of the assigned projects,
- Maintain Coordination with District level line agencies mainly with District Coordination Committee (DCC) and Infrastructure Development Office (IDO),
- Regular maintain and update the financial part with RM/Municipality,
- Ensure that Users Groups keep records on local and non-local materials, skilled and unskilled labors, minutes etc. transparently,
- Perform any other duties assigned by DEPROSC
Applications need to be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or DEPROSC-Nepal, Kathmandu within 7 days or 2 September, 2021 along with a covering letter, updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and other credentials.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Women and candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.