Development Project Service Centre (DEPROSC-Nepal), a NGO working on various thematic areas across the country invites application for the following position under the Financial Literacy Component of the Safer Migration Project (SaMi) phase II. SaMi is a bilateral initiative of the Governments of Nepal (GoN) and Switzerland.
SaMi is a bilateral initiative of the Governments of Nepal (GoN) and Switzerland. It is implemented in leadership of the Ministry of Labour, Employment and Social Security (MoLESS) and participating local governments, with technical assistance from Helvetas Nepal.
Financial Literacy Cluster Coordinator-1, full-time position, assigned in Udayapur cluster (Working in Udayapur, Sunsari, Bhojpur and Khotang Districts) will be overall responsible in coordination and approval of Project Management Committees at the local government to support local government in identifying beneficiaries, running financial literacy classes, monitoring of literacy classes and beneficiaries, coordinating and building linkages with stakeholders and reporting to the system with extensive field travel.
Nepalese citizen with Bachelor degree in any discipline, with minimum 2 years of experience in financial literacy, literacy, entrepreneurship development, microfinance, social mobilization, training, field level management, and have experience or willingness to extensively travel using motorbike for field monitoring are encouraged to apply. The details of TOR are,
- Facilitate FLFs to identify financial literacy as well as financial & business literacy beneficiaries maintaining minimum requirements,
- Help MRC coordinators and LFLs to conduct financial and business literacy training,
- Organize financial & business literacy training sessions,
- Coordinate with Local Government Project Management Committee (LGPMC), ward level elected representatives and financial literacy management committees,
- Facilitate to form and coordinate with Financial Literacy Management Committees and facilitate to engage them in the management of literacy classes and monitoring,
- Provide training and coaching to the Financial Literacy Facilitators (FLFs),
- Facilitate and supervise to conduct baseline, end line and follow up surveys,
- Supervise training delivery and ensure participation and quality,
- Guide supervise and facilitate local service providers to ensure all aspects of financial literacy delivery related items, stationaries, allowance and tiffin are reached to the beneficiaries on time and utilized properly,
- Facilitate to provide handbooks, flip chart, tool kit bags, flex print, and booklet to the FLFs, beneficiaries, Palikas, stakeholders and LGPMC as per the plan of the project,
- Coordinate with local service providers (LSPs) designated by Palikas and provide technical support as and when required,
- Coordinate with local financial institutions, remit companies, insurance companies to extend financial services to the beneficiaries,
- Coordinate and link with vocational development training providers and projects to enhance skills and business,
- Obtain feedback from the beneficiaries on the relevancy, appropriateness of the content and method of training delivery,
- Maintain coordination with psychosocial counseling organization and psychosocial facilitators to deliver related sessions in harmony with the session of financial literacy,
- Advocacy for the financial literacy component in the Palikas,
- Prepare case studies as relevant and as appropriate,
- Regularly monitor literacy classes and literacy beneficiaries utilizing monitoring formats developed by the project,
- Compute monitoring data into the MIS system and assist local service providers (LSPs) for the same,
- Identify potential local cooperatives in consultation with project management committees and orient them on the financial literacy,
- Prepare periodic report and submit to your supervisor,
- Perform any activities required for the successful implementation of SaMi project in the districts,
Applications need to be reached at email@example.com or DEPROSC-Nepal, P.O. Box 10953, Kathmandu within 7 days or 25 March, 2021 along with a covering letter, updated curriculum vitae with two referees, and other credentials.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Women and candidates from disadvantaged communities are highly encouraged to apply. Canvassing or influencing will automatically cancel your application.